background

Friday, May 28, 2010

On the Brightside...

Awhile ago I was reading through my journal I kept in high school, and I couldn't help but be really impressed with myself. My family and I moved from Hesperia, California to Kaysville, Utah before my junior year of high school. SO HARD. But as I would write in my journal each week I would remain positive. I might have mentioned how one week was especially hard or disappointing, but I would always end by saying, "I hope this next week is better!" or "maybe I should work harder on this" or "but I'm really thankful for this"

I never mentioned in my journal the days I sat alone in my car, or the library, or the hall with nowhere to go during lunchtime, the days I don't think I said a word at school, the times where group projects were assigned and I was always by myself, or the nights I couldn't do anything but cry. With the number of times I had these experiences, that would be a very depressing journal to read.

I found ways to keep myself busy and happy during those two rough years of high school, I had to keep going. I mentioned a lot in my journal the craft projects I worked on, walking my dog around the neighborhood, the time I spent with my family, and the people in my life who were sweet to me. There was always something to be thankful for to keep me positive and happy.

Four years ago today my family and I moved here to Kaysville. There has been countless times since that day that I have recognized what a blessing moving has been in my life. I'm am SO thankful for this trial in my life as I recognize the lessons I have learned, the strong relationships I have formed with my family members, and strong person I am today. The Lord knew what he was doing when he sent our family to Kaysville, and I am thankful for his hand in my life :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this.
    Karina, you are so incredibly strong. I don't think there's any way I could have handled a move to a new high school as amazingly well as you did.
    You are such a great example!

    ReplyDelete