background

Monday, February 7, 2011

There Was A Little Cricket


I made this video for one of my Early Childhood Education classes where we are learning how to use technology in the classroom. Doing this project has made me crave to be a children's book writer/illustrator even more...

My roommate and I were talking about our majors a couple of weeks ago and how it can be scary to plan out your future and invest so much time into something that may not end up being what you were hoping for. She told me a story she heard once about a father encouraging his son to find what it is that you spend your free time thinking about and pursue a career in it. I've realized over the last few weeks that when I have nothing else to work on or to think about, I come up with ideas for children's books and illustrations. And it's addicting.

Recently I've started writing my ideas down/doodling in a notebook so I won't forget these ideas and hopefully one day I can turn them into my own children's books :) That thought just made me so happy :)

Yes I am still majoring in Early Childhood Education, but I don't have to worry if teaching doesn't work out for me. I don't have to have it all figured out right now- I love a lot of different things and there are many things I want to do in my life and I just keep reminding myself that I have time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment