background

Thursday, November 18, 2010

"we're ADULTS!!"



haha yeah. mostly.

Last weekend Holly and I decided to make a quick trip down to Cedar City to see her sister who was driving across the country and had a stop in Cedar on Friday night. So Holly and I went to class and to work, came home, packed up our stuff and headed out!

We listened to our favorite music, sang songs, talked about life, and came to the conclusion that we are ADULTS. And surprisingly, that doesn't scare me at all :)

The drive was gorgeous.

We went out to dinner.

We swam in the hotel pool.


We watched Toy Story 3 while eating Ben and Jerry's ice Cream :)

And then we went to bed at 10:30. Like any other adult :) haha


I had to post this picture just because it makes me laugh. Any poor/hungry college student could understand that you don't just throw away un-eaten Ben and Jerrys ice cream even if you don't have a freezer. And if keeping that ice cream cold in bags full of ice is what it takes to preserve their goodness, so be it :)

The next morning we ate the free hotel breakfast and then went back to our room after her sister left. We spent the morning hanging out in our pajamas laying on the giant hotel beds, and cuddling with soft pillows as we talked... and we had a GOOD talk. The kind where you laugh over the past, tell secrets, dream about the future, and make plans. All sorts of amazing plans. :)

We left the hotel around noon and headed back to Provo. Driving in a car with my best friend Holly, random ipod music, and yogurt pretzels. What more could you need?



So... Do you ever listen to a song and it instantly brings memories back to you? "Why Georgia" by John Mayer will forever remind me of this trip. Just because :)




More than I realize sometimes, Holly and I have done a lot of growing up in these last 3 years of college. And I love when I can look back on the past and see the beauty in it- how my experiences have shaped me into who I am. Our talk on Saturday reminded me that I have a lot to look forward to.

I'm not scared to be an Adult. I'm excited :)

1 comment:

  1. This trip was so amazing in so many ways!! :D I had the BEST time with you Karina as we sang super loud, scrounged like poor college students, and talked about anything and everything [a SERIOUSLY good talk!] You are my best friend :) Thanks for being a spontaneous adult with me!

    ReplyDelete